[Xen-users] Re: What hardware should I be considering?

Eric Peterson wrote:
I was thinking of dual core opterons, but I wasn't sure if Xen would work well on Opterons and take advantage of the Dual core processor.

It does.

Does Xen 3 still suffer from a 4GB RAM limit?

No.

Has anyone had any experience with the newer SATA solutions versus SCSI disk? I'm thinking of a SATA RAID 5 setup to save some cash and gain some needed space.

I'm using 3ware's 9000-series controllers, and they work for me, but I'm thinking of trying some of Areca's units when I get the opportunity.

What seems to work better, running from an image file or setting up each host to use a partition? I like the simplicity of an image file, but an lvm partition would be nice because you can resize them on the fly.

I strongly prefer using LVM devices -- better performance, and some things (like GFS) don't work via loopback.