RE: [Xen-users] "netdev watchdog" error and non-working sis900 network card - solution

  • To: "henning" <henning_sprang@xxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Petersson, Mats" <mats.petersson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 18:07:07 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 17:10:47 +0000

Both noapic and acpi=off make big difference to the machine setup - it
would probably be a good idea to figure out which one makes the
difference. If it's acpi=off, a new BIOS that has more suitable things
in the ACPI tables is probably the solution.

If it's the noapic that actually solves the problem, then that would be
useful to know (but I'm not sure what the fix is, aside from the fact
that it may actually be the PCI enumeration that goes wrong in the
system - lspci -vvv may give some info.

--
Mats