Re: [Xen-users] Xen and LVM

Richard Thomas wrote:
I downloaded it from somewhere, centos image.. It runs with the older version of Xen without a problem so the image does work.

unfortunately, I have found that if it runs with an older version of xen, it will fool you by mostly running on 3.0. I would seriously recommend building a new guest image. It's not terribly difficult, only time tedious. the steps below work for me on ubuntu but there's nothing keeping it from being distribution independent.

"install" onto a file disk image using qemu
create a new partition-less disk image
mount the root partition on a loopback device using losetup
mount your partition-less disk image also using a loopback device.
cp -a from the root partition to the partition-less disk image
cp -a domU modules onto the partition-less disk image
fixup fstab, host names, ethernet interface definition (there are probably more but I can't remember right now)

unmount everything (very important as my recent experiences shown ;-))

Create your .xm file

xm create ...

I believe this will give you better results. Or if you prefer, I can also make available an ubuntu very raw disk image (i.e. fresh out of the qemu oven).

---eric