[Xen-users] mac issue with network-bridge? xen-3.0.0-src XenSource

I wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem.  I downloaded 3.0.0-src
from XS and compiled, installed and booted as normal.  But my dom0
networking wasn't working with network-bridge.  I ended up using VMware to
attempt to reproduce the issue in Debian Etch and Ubuntu Breezy.  I used the
Cambridge download of xen-3.0-testing (one from Tuesday, the other from
Today) for both and both seem to work fine.

So I tested my xen-3.0.0-src installation on my real Ubuntu Breezy machine a
little more.  I even got to the point that when I would attempt to ping an
address, the entire machine would lock up from what looked like a memory
usage issue.  So it looks like one of the scripts actually changed the MAC
address on my physical adapter to FE:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF.  Now it is detected as
that on boot from the kernel (xen and non-xen).

[4294678.281000] eth0: ADMtek Comet rev 17 at 0001d400, FE:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF,
IRQ 19.

So now, after boot ifconfig reports:
eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr FE:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF

And after running network-bridge, I get a vif0.0, xenbr0, peth0 and eth0 all
with the same MAC address.  The interface eth0 should have my REAL NIC's
(peth0) MAC address.  Which means it is hard to bridge since the bridge is
maintaining an ARP table with both peth0 and eth0 having the same MAC.  If
the machine is not shutdown properly, does the MAC address change stick on
the next reboot?

So I guess I need to open up my case and find my real MAC address again on
the NIC and reset it.  Has anyone seen similar issues with this and has this
been documented?

Also, is there a documentation project going on for Xen yet?  The user guide
needs to have some real networking documentation and guides.

Regards,

--
Michael Brancato, CISSP, CCNA
Assistant Division Network Manager

'It is stressed that ISO 9001 requires (and always has required) a
"Documented quality management system", and not a "system of documents".'
- International Organization for Standardization's Technical Committee,
Guidance on the Documentation Requirements of ISO 9001:2000