RE: Using the -xen kernel rather than -xen0/U was [Xen-users] Poorhard disk performance on xen-3/dom0

> Thanks for the reply Ian. Fernando on this list told me about
> the vifname parameter being excluded from xen 3.0 (doesn't
> work either when i try to use it inside the config) and was
> reincluded in unstable, any ideas when it would make it to
> the stable /rpm.

There's a few things we want to get into to -unstable before we roll
3.0.1, such as the xen subarch changes and 2.6.14. Maybe 2-4 weeks.

With all the regression testing, the -unstable tree is usually stable
(unless you're unlucky and get a bad changeset), so plenty of people do
use it in production.

Ian