Re: [Xen-users] "netdev watchdog" error and non-working sis900 networkcard - solution

Ian Pratt wrote:
Yes. The acpi= line must go on the *xen* command line, which will then
pass it to linux.
Sorry, I do not understand that completely - you say it _must_ go in the xen command line - but In my case, putting it in the kernel command line instead makes my network work.

Before you said using acpi=off is bad, probably meaning "putting acpi=off in the xen command line is bad" - is it not so bad anymore, now that you know I do not put this in the xen command line? Or is it even worse?

Most important to me, can I stay with this setup, or should I test what happens when I put it in the xen command line and tell you what happens?

(For sure I can also see what happens just to help you finding that problem, even if it's O.K. for me to stay with the current setup)

Henning