RE: [Xen-users] RE: DELL PowerEdge 2850

> I retried it on the poweredge sc430 server. The live cd works
> fine till loading gdm. Once that happens, the monitor goes
> into a sleep-mode and the system does not respond.

>From the release notes:

If the X server fails to start properly with your graphics card, select
Centos as the dom0 at the grub prompt, but edit the command line by
hitting "e", select the first "module" command line, then add a "3" at
the end of it. This will cause the linux to boot into run level 3
(rather than 5) which does not start an Xserver. You can then edit the
/etc/X11/xorg.conf before starting the server with "gdm start". You may
find that replacing the 'Driver "vesa"' directive with the name of the
driver needed for you card may be sufficient e.g. 'Driver "i810"'.
Alternateively, run "X -configure" and copy the directives from the
resulting config file.

Ian