Re: [Xen-users] xen usage monitoring (munin plugin)

On Sat, 7 Jan 2006, Goetz Bock wrote:

Dear list,

as my Xen3 server is finaly becomming ready for production I was
wondering if anyone has written a xen usage monitoring/logging tool?

funny you should ask, I wrote one yesterday :)

Something like xm top, but with continuose logging to a (rr)database.

Or a munin plugin?

its a munin plugin, but it doesnt work right just yet, it just gets times from xm list (and names of course)

I can't remember seeing anything simmilar on the list.

yeah googled around for some time, but couldnt find any

BTW: where does xm top get the NETTX(k) and NETRX(k) from?

For a munin plugin I'd imagin two modes:

- just monitor cpu usage off all domains (dom0 and domU) in one graph.
 This can be parsed from xm list, or as suggested 2004/12/xx using some
 more low level xen api. But I don't know how to figure out which of
 the real CPU was used, otoh this information might not be relevant at
 all.
- monitor just one domain. But all data, like xm top does.

Idont have xm top on this server so I cant write a plugin for it :/

by no means this plugin is complete and I dont take any responsibility what ever and so on ;)

it should be quite easy to read...

--
Tatu Wikman
tatu@xxxxxxxxx