Re: [Xen-users] newer linux kernels than 2.6.12.6

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Bastian Scholz" <nimrodxx@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 21:22:11 +0100 (CET)
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 20:28:42 +0000

> 1. status
> Was is the status of the repository?
> Can it be used for serious project? Or is it better to use 2.6.12.6?

Sorry, dont know any details of the official status, but my experience
with this kernel is, that devpts is not working, and the bridge dont
work when I use it for dom0. Because of the missing devpts I stoped
searching for the failed bridge, too.

> 2. compiling
> I tried to compile the repository, but I failed to create a bzImage.
> I configured the kernel my way and issued a "# make bzImage", but it
> said that there is nothing to do.
> Only "# make all" works and creates some vmlinu* files not suitable to
> be booted by grub.

After "make menuconfig && make" I had a vmlinuz file in the root of the
kernel-src-directory that I can boot.

Bastian