Re: [Xen-users] io scheduler

Cool. I didn't know some of this stuff existed...  e.g.
Documentation/block/ioprio.txt

Can anyone tell what (if any) knowledge XEN has of this? Can it pass I/O
priorities from a domU to the dom0, or can we assign I/O priorities to a
whole domU ?

On Mon, 9 Jan 2006, Mogens Valentin wrote:

<snip>

> On non-xen, yes. There's some benchmarks somewhere (don't seem to find
> them right now) about advanteges of the various ones.
> /usr/src/linux/Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt  says a few words.
>
> As you've seen for yourself, the scheduler can be changed runtime, and
> likewise as a boot option.
> My understanding is that schedulers works fairly directly on hardware,
> at least reorganizing disk queues, I -think- you cannot have different
> schedulers for dom0 and domU's.
> Why would you? It's the same physical disk...
> I believe cfq is usually considered the most versatile, unless specific
> needs are determined.

Looks that way...  from my 5 minutes of reading...

-Tom