Re: [Xen-users] Xen alternatives

  • To: John Madden <jmadden@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Pierre \"Le Pierrot\"" <cestpierre@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 12:15:18 +0000
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 12:21:44 +0000

Actually, windows is not the sine-qua-non of our virtualization needs.
Windows is like, a reasonable option for our first soft-production and
virtualization requirements, but it can be perfectly replaced by
Linux, that's why I kept trying to put xen to work for a whole week,
but time's over...can't spend more time on this solution and must
severely find a replacement for Microsoft Virtual Server... :-)

What got me here is the innability to put xen to work on a dell
poweredge 2850, otherwise, I would've sticked around the documents, as
they're very clear and concisely written.

Thanks for all sugestions so far. I am going to try qemu. As for
virtuozzo, I've never heard of it and from a first inspection, it
looks like a commercial option, but does it run Linux?

Cheers
Pierre