Re: [Xen-users] Xen won't boot after connecting to EMC san

John S Little schrieb:

Hi all,

I've installed Xen 3 from Mercurial. The Xen3 kernel boots ok finding all of the necessary devices until I plug in the fibre connection to the san. When I do that it fails just after finding sdc (the san drive) with the message:

can't find sda3 (this is the / partition)
/bin/sh: can't access tty; job control turned off

I'm using a SLES 9 sp 2 box.  My menu.lst is:

title Xen 3.0 / XenLinux 2.6
       kernel (hd0,0)/xen-3.0.gz console=vga dom0_mem=262144
module (hd0,0)/vmlinuz-2.6-xen selinux=0 root=/dev/sda3 console=tty0
       module (hd0,0)/initrd-xen

Any idea why adding the san drive (sdc) would cause it to not be able to find sda3 (the / drive)?
To me that sounds like a SAN specific question/problem. Maybe your SCSI IDs (virtual and real) are overlapping?

Dirk