Re: [Xen-users] multiple nics in a xenU

On Tue, Jan 10 '06 at 13:51, nhgxfjijdrcd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I'd like xen0 to be the controller and xenU(1) to be a firewall/router
> with 4 subnets (WAN, LAN, DMZ, TEAM) each with 1 of 4 physical nics
> attached to it.
>
> In xenU there are four ifcfg files, one each for eth0,1,2,3.
> Everything seems to be OK until eth3 is brought up.  It always fails
> with 'Error for wireless request "Set Encode 8B2A", SET failed on
> eth3, No such device".

Today Christopher Clark posted to Xen-devel that with Xen3 a DomU can
never have more than 3 nics.

Look for the subject "xen-unstable: TX/RX ring buffer exhaustion and
NR_GRANT_FRAMES" or message-id
<eab087540601110357g7e00a3dak91f5cb75b8c40513@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
--
/"\ Goetz Bock at blacknet dot de  --  secure mobile Linux everNETting
\ /       (c) 2006 Creative Commons, Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 de