Re: [Xen-users] SuSE 9.3 on a SMP machine

From: "Fernando Maior" <fernando.souto.maior@xxxxxxxxx>
On 1/10/06, Daniel Bauer <dbauer@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi @all,

I've installed a SuSE 9.3 with XEN 2.

My machine have 8 cpu's and 10 GB RAM, but when I start the XEN
kernel,
only one cpu and 2 GB RAM appear. How to enable everything?

As I recall it, Xen 2.x does not have support for more then 4gb and
SMP. Try Xen 3.x and OpenSUSE, and remember to download and
install Xen RPMs from garloff, at:

http://www.suse.de/~garloff/linux/xen/RPMs-100/8259/

The ones in the DVD are in bad shape.

Hi Fernando,

there are no xen 3 rpm for SuSE 9.3, so I installed SuSE 10.0 and
updated with the rpm from Garloff, but when I try to start the xen
kernel, a kernel panic comes up (same problem with the DVD+Updates).

I also started the system with the xen test cd and it looks like it works.

My favorite is to run xen 3 on SuSE 9.3, is there a possibility for?

Thanks a lot
Daniel