Re: [Xen-users] Xen handling of graphics card

> On Thursday 12 January 2006 5:21 am, Petersson, Mats wrote:
> > Xen's primary target is for servers, so high performance graphics isn't
> > really high priority - this doesn't mean that noone will ever do
> > graphics drivers specifically to support this stuff, but at the moment
> > it's not the highest priority.
>
> and what about block device and network drivers? are those high priority?
> any estimates on first alphas? (mid 2006? later?)

Windows guests (on VT / Pacifica) currently get their block / net from an
emulator in dom0.  There are plans to improve the architecture of this for
better performance, I imagine you'll see work on this happening this year.

Guests that are Xen-native already get very high performance IO from the
Xen-aware drivers.  There's an effort underway to allow unported guests to
use these drivers for an extra performance boost - this will probably include
Windows, at some stage.

Hope that answers your question.

Cheers,
Mark