Re: [Xen-users] Re: restore a backup on other machines

  • To: Eric Peterson <srcfoo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Chris Fanning <christopher.fanning@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 11:12:57 +0100
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 11:17:27 +0000

Hi Eric,

> parition on the destination machine.  I usually just shutdown the VM that I
> want to copy, mount the partition for that domU, and then copy the files
> where ever and however I want.
I was thinking along those lines.

>  If you're using image files, then just copy the image file.
That sounds interesting. Maybe I could use rsync to keep image files up to date.
Where can I learn more about image files? Got a link?
Do you link that would be comparable to a LVM snapshot?

>  Also, I'm assuming you would be restoring it to another Xen machine with a
> similar installation of Xen.
yes.

Thanks
Chris.