De : xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] De la part de Fajar A. Nugraha

Envoyé : Monday, January 16, 2006 7:05 AM
À : xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Objet : [Xen-users] networking problem with Xen and Broadcom tg3 rev 10

Hi,

I'm having problems using Xen (2.0.7 and 3.0.0) on newer IBM HS-20
blades, which uses Broadcom network card (tg3 kernel module). Here's the
relevant entry from lspci :

05:01.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5704S
Gigabit Ethernet (rev 10)
05:01.1 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5704S
Gigabit Ethernet (rev 10)

If xend is not running, network works fine, but as soon as xend (with
the default bridged-networking) is started network stopped working.
At first I suspect it was a problem with the OS, but the exact same
software setup works fine on systems with older version of network
cards, e.g. something that have these (including older IBM HS-20 blades):

0000:01:00.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme
BCM5704S Gigabit Ethernet (rev 02)
0000:01:00.1 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme
BCM5704S Gigabit Ethernet (rev 02)

OS is RHEL 4.2.
Any idea what might have caused this problem?

Regards,

Fajar