Re: [Xen-users] undefined domains appearing!

On Mon, 2006-01-16 at 13:05 -0500, John A. Sullivan III wrote:
> Hello, all.  I'm seeing some strange behavior in our Xen test system.
> along with Domain-0 and the defined domUs, we are seeing Domain-3 and
> Domain-4 in our xm list.  These domains are not defined and they are
> currently paused.  He is a listing of the /etc/xen/domains directory
> followed by an xm list:
>
> [root@xenkbunk domains]# ls
> fc3test1  fc3test1~  ltsdom  ltsdom~  manddom  manddom~  niagaravpngw
> niagaravpngw~  testra1dom  testra1dom~  testra2dom  testra2dom~
> [root@xenkbunk domains]# xm list
> Name              Id  Mem(MB)  CPU  State  Time(s)  Console
> Domain-0           0      123    0  r----  37186.9
> Domain-3           3       96    0  --p--      0.0
> Domain-4           4       96    0  --p--      0.0
> fc3test1           8       95    0  -b---    405.7    9608
> niagaravpngw      87       95    0  -b---   9549.3    9687
>
> The memory appears to be truly allocated in that, if I try to start
> another domU with 512 MB of memory, I am told there is not enough memory
> to create the new domU (there is 1GB on this test system).
>
> What are these? Where did they come from? Are they safe to stop? Thanks
> - John
More information:

If I try xm shutdown -w -H the command never returns and the mystery
domain stays in the xm list.

If I do an xm destroy, the memory allocation is zeroed but the mystery
domain still appears in xm list.
--
John A. Sullivan III
Open Source Development Corporation

Financially sustainable open source development
http://www.opensourcedevel.com