[Xen-users] xen 3.0.0 on CentaurHauls VIA Samuel 2

Was on irc for a bit and I'm looking for confirmation that Xen 3.0.0 will or
will not work on a C3-II CPU.

Found this thread:

http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2004-03/msg00088.html

Which seems that Sean Atkinson created a fix and patch back in March 2004

http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2004-03/msg00119.html

But the box below

$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : CentaurHauls
cpu family      : 6
model           : 7
model name      : VIA Samuel 2
stepping        : 3
cpu MHz         : 735.181
cache size      : 64 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu de tsc msr cx8 mtrr pge mmx 3dnow
bogomips        : 1454.08

Fails to boot with the exact same symptoms.

I've built custom kernels selecting the C3-II but they hang.

Does the hypervisor need to be compiled C3-II?

I've also messed with cflags, since it looks like gcc4 still has the bug
regarding the cmov instruction when it comes to the C3-II chips.

--
Bob Tanner <tanner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>          | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.real-time.com, Minnesota, Linux | Fax   : (952)943-8500