Re: [Xen-users] Debian packages for xen3 + kernel images for dom0/U

Am Dienstag, 17. Januar 2006 00:00 schrieb prosolutions@xxxxxxx:
> > I just wanted to let all interessted debian users know, that on my xen3
> > repository are now kernel images available for dom0/U.
> >
> > My Xen3 packages are using the latest xen3-testing (changeset 8269) and
> > are available for sid, sarge & etch as well as for 32bit, 32bit-pae and
> > 64bit. The kernel image is 2.6.12.6-xen with a std. xen config.
> >
> > So there is no reason for compiling your own kernel on a debian system
> > anymore, unless you need something very special. For such a case there is
> > a "linux-patch-xen" package which applies to a vanilla 2.6.12 source tree
> > (and converts it to a 2.6.12.6-xen).
> >
> > If someone wants to use the new packages, please add the following two
> > lines to /etc/apt/sources.list:
> >
> >  deb http://packages.debianbase.de/<DISTRO>/<ARCH>/xen3 ./
> >  deb-src http://packages.debianbase.de/sources/xen3 ./
> >
> > If you need 32bit + PAE instead, use the following two lines:
> >
> >  deb http://packages.debianbase.de/<DISTRO>/<ARCH>/xen3-pae ./
> >  deb-src http://packages.debianbase.de/sources/xen3-pae ./
>
> Thank you very much for doing this.  I was just about to report kernel
> compilation errors for the latest unstable Xen source when I saw this
> message.  But sarge/i386/Packages.gz is missing so presently "apt-get
> update" will not work.

Your problem is probably a wrong line in your /etc/apt/sources.list... correct
for sarge -> i386 -> xen3 (without pae) would be:

"deb http://packages.debianbase.de/sarge/i386/xen3 ./"

I think you have missed the "./" at the end or even the "xen3 ./" at the end.

--Ralph