[Xen-users] cluster - basic understanding

Hi List,

now that I get closer to setup my first productive XEN machine I wonder how a
cluster will work with XEN.

As I'm very new to cluster at all please help me to understand how things are
supposed to work.

I expect a cluster work on three layers:

Application       xx  y    zzz
Cluster        ------------------
Hardware       HH  HH  HH  HH  HH

So one Cluster is build by 5 nodes here. Involving XEN - does that mean
following a) or b)?

a)
Application       xx  y    zzz
XENdomU          UUUUUUU  UUUUU
XEN dom0       xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cluster        ------------------
Hardware       HH  HH  HH  HH  HH

So again five node build a cluster hosting ONE xen dom0 with two domU's

b)

Application        x    y
Cluster           ---  ---
XENdomU        U  U U  U U
XEN dom0       xxxx xxxx xxxx
Hardware        HH   HH   HH

Here three physical servers host a xen dom0 each with two domU's. Two of these
domU's on diffrent HH now build a cluster.

Tnanx for advise

Mat