Re: [Xen-users] 2.0.7 -> 3.0.0 upgrade

Hello!

On Jan 17, 2006 at 1040 +0000, Matthew Walster appeared and said:
> [...]
> I'm thinking about moving my 2.0.7 install over to 3.0.0 for eventual use in
> production environment.
>
> Two questions:
>
> 1) Do people think 3.0.0 is ready for production - or is it just a
> testing/unstable playpen?
> [...]

A co-worker runs Xen 2.0.x. I used his system for testing and installed
a Xen 3.0.0 test system in the office and a Xen 3.0.0 "production test"
system on a co-located server. Both system runs stable for over four
weeks, no reboots, no strange behaviour.

If you really want to upgrade, why not make a copy of your guest domains
on a test machine running Xen 3.0.0 and see how they are doing? The
labels "stable", "testing" and "unstable" are usually defined by a set
of requirements which vary from setup to setup. I'd say Xen 3.0.0 is
stable for me, the ones that experience the random reboots probably
won't agree.

Best,
Lynx.

--