Re: [Xen-users] NO IP!!!! URGEND

On Tuesday 17 January 2006 14:51, DIEDERIT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hey.
> I'm running xen3.0, and my biggest problem is up to now that my guest os
> has no IP when i configure it to recieve it via DHCP in the config file.
> When i add the IP an Subnet info to the config file, the network card
> recieves this ip but ping wont work.
> I have rebuilded my domU kernel several times. What did i do wrong?!
> Thanks Thomas
>
> Thomas Diederich

> *  Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH & Co.KG
> *  A Informationsverarbeitung / Diplomant Systemtechnik
> *
> *  Mail: diederit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:diederit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> *  Phone: +49 (0)6132/77-98151

Hi,
what is your network configuration for dom0?
If you have several NICs connected to dom0, maybe you have a bridge for the
vifs on the wrong NIC.
Consider to configure /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp properly according to your
network configuration.

Michael

Michael Mey
Thinking Objects Software GmbH    |   mailto: michael.mey@xxxxxx
Lilienthalstrasse 2/1                         |   phone: +49 711 88770-147
70825 Stuttgart-Korntal, Germany  |   fax: +49 711 88770-449