Re: [Xen-users] io scheduler

  • To: Gerd Hoffmann <kraxel@xxxxxxx>
  • From: Anand <xen.mails@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 20:30:11 +0530
  • Cc: Xen Users <Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 15:08:05 +0000

On 1/19/06, Gerd Hoffmann <kraxel@xxxxxxx> wrote:
No, it's in the backend driver, thus you have to replace the dom0
kernel.  No protocol changes, so you can just drop-in the new kernel and
everything should work.

Actually thats what i meant through my post. Anyways i was mixed up with too many things when i posted that so the post could have sounded confusing ;)

With the new dom0 kernel you'll have one kernel thread per virtual block
device.  This helps the I/O scheduler (which uses the PID to decide how
to group/queue requests) to do a better job.  It also allows you to
tweak the priorities using ionice (comes with recent util-linux versions).

Any ways i can actually check and see how this is happening and how to verify if its working properly ? I am working only on a devel box so putting actual load inside domU's is not possible right now.

--

regards,

Anand