Re: [Xen-users] client restart problem - block device already in use

On Friday 20 January 2006 09:00, Ferenc Sipos wrote:
> Hi Folk.
>
> I'm hosting virtual machines on Debian 3.1 with self compiled current
> Xen stable. The system's been running fine for couple of days but
> yesterday night something went wrong. One of my clients decided to
> restart (init 6) his domU but the system did not bring itself up
> afterwards. When I tried to start that particular domU 'xm create'always
> return /dev/CLIENT/sda1 is already in use in a client domain. But
> actually it was not. The above mentioned block device is a evms/loopback
> backed sparse file.
>
> Any ideas or suggestions on how I should resolv or prevent such a
> problem from happening are welcome. A restart of the physical machine
> did the trick this time but I don't consider that as a 'permanent'
> solution.

Hi,
maybe it could help in some situations to detach the block device by hand,
doing:

xm block-detach  <DomId> <DevId>

Regards,
Michael

Michael Mey
Thinking Objects Software GmbH Â  |Â  mailto: michael.mey@xxxxxx
Lilienthalstrasse 2/1 Â Â Â Â Â Â             |   phone: +49 711 88770-147
70825 Stuttgart-Korntal, Germany Â|  Âfax: +49 711 88770-449