Re: [Xen-users] Xen Starting DomainU:Error: Device 0 (vif) could not be connected. Hotplug scripts not working

On Fri, Jan 20, 2006 at 09:43:51PM -0600, Coral Lin wrote:
> hi,
>
> I am trying to start a new domainU but got the error:
> Error: Device 0 (vif) could not be connected. Hotplug scripts not working
> I have struggled with it for a long time. I found somebody else report this
> but can not find a solution.
> The xen version is xen-3.0 latest version.
> I do not have a initrd.
> Domain0 works fine but when I create a new domain, it always gives an error
> as above.
> vif.

I just went through this on my Xen3 install on my personal box. When I did the
sh ./install.sh the first time, I wasn't paying attention that one of the lines
errored. The second time I did it(after completely recompiling Xen), I noticed
that it gave me an error about hotplug.

It turned out I needed to install hotplug.

Apparently the check scripts don't consider it a failure if it can't copy a
file into the /etc/hotplug folder.

HTH.

--
Andrew Thompson