[Xen-users] simulated network statistics

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Darnell Brawner <simonslaw@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 20:41:23 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 01:49:59 +0000

I have just started to look into Zen and wanted to know if it can provide a solution to my problem.

I wish to simulate a business solution network.
Example:
 cache servers
multiple web servers with optional configuration of passive/active clustering
multiple DB servers  with passive/active clustering.
and other dedicated servers.

Basically if you don't have the money to create an 8 server network from lower end boxes for testing and development needs. Can you create one with Xen using one 2-4 way dual core server? Hopefully giving each guest its own CPU allowing for load balancing testing.

If this can be set up how relevant are some of the statistics you can gather from testing. I just need to know if lets say i make an apache config change or some coding changes and performance is gained or lost will the same occur on the live real network. I am less concerned with the degree of change accuracy and more with the direction mirroring.