Re: [Xen-users] How was CoW implemented on the Demo LiveCD (3.0) ??

On Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 11:33:43AM +0100, Rickard Borgm?ster wrote:
> I need to know what's needed to implement cow filesystem for domU the
> same way it was done on the LiveCD demo for xen 3.0. Our current project
> it is replace UML with XEN on a bootable router simulation LiveCD. We
> need to make each domU machine share the same rootfs.img. And I know it
> is possible, as it was done on the demo LiveCD. But how?

I think you'll need to copy over some of the scripts from the demo CD:

/etc/xen/scripts/block-cow
/usr/sbin/create_cow
/usr/sbin/destroy_cow

> disk = ['cow:/tmp/cdrom/rootfs.img 30,sda1,w']
> what does "30" mean here? A little bit hard to guess...

30 is the size of backing file to use, in this case 30MB.

Tim

--
Tim Deegan                           (My opinions, not the University's)
Systems Research Group