[Xen-users] problem starting domains

I'm trying to start a number of lvm-backend domUs on a Dell Poweredge 2850 (i've got nousb on the grub command line, and no usb in the kernel).

Some domUs are created and started successfully.

However, quite a few of my domUs don't start properly. I get the correct Started Domain messages... but then the domain doesn't "go anywhere", meaning it uses .3 cpu time, then never any more.

I create the domUs by dd if=/dev/xen/base_image of=/dev/xen/ new_image, after creating a new_image using lvcreate of the same size as the base image. I've verified that these images actually exist.

Looking through the log from xend.log below, i see an error about / dev/hda1 (the root device given to the domU on the command line, which you can also see in the logs) not existing. Why would that be?

I'm running the xen-3.0 testing...

The physical machine has 2 Xeon dual-core processors with hyperthreading (which is enabled). Should I disable hyperthreading in the kernel? Would that make a difference? I saw a post earlier about that...

Error log attached, with ip addresses replaced.

Thanks for the help.