[Xen-users] ERROR: Kernel image does not have a a.out9 header

Hi,

A new XEN follower (well nearly) I seem to have hit a brick wall and am
seeking some help. I installed XEN on a Fedora 4 installation and I
receive the following error ...

ERROR: Kernel image does not have a a.out9 header.
ERROR: Unrecognized image format
ERROR: Error constructing guest OS

when I try to start the guest domain using xm create -c myconfig vmid=1.

Question:

Should I be using a specially prepared kernel? My guest kernel is a
standard FC4 release kernel (2.6.14-1.1644_FC4). By what I read it should
work OK out of the box, or do I need to recompile the kernel specifically
for xen? I read references to the above message in the xen-devel archives
( http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2005-06/msg00869.html
) but am unsure how to proceed as it mentions problems with gcc 4.0 (and I
have gcc 4.0 installed). Surely others have had my problem but I can't
seem to find a reference or fix to the problem that I can understand.

gcc packages installed are ...

libgcc-4.0.0-8
gcc-gnat-4.0.0-8
gcc-java-4.0.0-8
gcc-4.0.0-8
gcc-c++-4.0.0-8
compat-gcc-32-3.2.3-47.fc4
compat-libgcc-296-2.96-132.fc4
compat-gcc-32-c++-3.2.3-47.fc4
gcc32-3.2.3-6
gcc-gfortran-4.0.0-8
compat-gcc-32-g77-3.2.3-47.fc4

whilst on does anyone know if a redhat 7.3 kernel (2.4.18-10) will run ok
under xen 3.0?

Any help appreciated.