Re: [Xen-users] 64bit processors and TLS warning message

> > Oops.  Sorry.
>
> Not your fault.  I live, I learn :-).
>
> > > Could you elaborate a bit on the above?
>
> [snip elaboration]
> Thanks for the well-written explanation!

Thanks ;-)  Some credit should go to Steven Smith / Michael Fetterman for
*finally* helping me understand the issues involved (it's something I'd never
quite delved deeply enough into in order to understand *what* glibc was
trying to do).

> > The vast majority of pages are editable by all, but
> > they do require sign-up
>
> I'll go sign up.
>
> I'll try adding an i386 keyword to some of these pages:
> http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/FindPage?action=fullsearch&value=XenSpeci
>ficGlibc

Thanks, that'd probably be rather useful.

You might also like to look at the segmentation explanation linked from that
page: it explains how the emulation works on 32-bit and why it is slow.

Cheers,
Mark

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!