RE: [Xen-users] Xen 3.0.0 32bit-pae (testing changeset 8270) crashes(pgtable.c:284, kernel bug?)

> > Given that your 3ware controller is already putting pressure on the
> > bottom 4GB you'd be better off setting your initial dom0 memory at
> > boot time.
>
> so you think that even this bug I see is related to the 3ware
> controller and not a general issue?
>
> I cannot really check it, because this 3ware-system is the
> only server that I have available with 4GB of RAM for testing.
>
> Is this really a 3ware specific problem?

There's all manner of crappy hardware that can't do DMA above 4GB. The
other problem that caused you to upgrade to 3.0.1 was 3ware specific, a
workaround for the driver being lazy.

I believe some newer 3ware controllers are capable of DMA above 4GB,
though I don't know specific model numbers. 3ware tech support are
actually pretty responsive, so I'm sure they can help you.

Ian