Re: [Xen-users] an attempt to explain xen networking

On Fri, Feb 03, 2006 at 12:21:33PM +0100, Dirk H. Schulz wrote:
> Hi Patrick,
>
> does this concern Xen 3 only or is it wrong? :-)
>
> I do have a standard xen-bridged setup (xen 2.0.7), but in my case eth0
> is not connected to a vif0.0 which in turn is connected to the bridge.
> My eth0 is directly connected to the bridge, there is no peth.0
> connected to the bridge.

Yes, this is new in 3.0. I'm not sure I get the point though myself.

Maybe someone in the know would like to explain what the point of having
peth is as opposed to just adding eth0 to the bridge? I have a feeling that
there's a good reason for this setup, but I can't quite see what it is.

--
CJ van den Berg

mailto:cj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  xmpp:cj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx