Re: [Xen-users] questions on xen

> 1) anyone knows if i can run X in domUs? Any tutorial? I read something
> about virtual framebuffer...

For now, just use VNC or remote X as if the domU was a separate physical
machine.  In future there are likely to be more options regarding virtual
framebuffers and 3D displays for local use.

> 2) is it normal that if in the config of domU i use hostname="something"
> and the file /etc/hostname of that machine is empty.... the result is...
> "none" hostname and not "something"?
> It happens to nobody else?

That'll just be a generic Linux issue, I think.  You should probably just
configure the hostname in the domU once its up and running.

> 3) is there a script launched from domU into dom0? i would like to set the
> nat route... on that script, one for all the virtual machines...
> Or i have to set up configs of domU with vmid variable like the xmexample2
> provided from xen?

You could play with some of the network scripts in /etc/xen/scripts and try
customising them to do the appropriate setup when your domU's network
interfaces are created.

HTH,
Mark

> Thank you