Re: [Xen-users] Xen on x86_64 Fedora Core 4?

On Tue, 2006-02-07 at 00:38 +0000, Xen wrote:
> Ok, now I just tried installing Xen on my FC installation following
> their quick start guide at:-
> http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraXenQuickstart
> When i run:-
> yum install xen kernel-xen0 kernel-xenU
> I get "No match for argument: xen".
> Looking at the FC4 RPMS for x86_64 there aren't any for Xen. The only
> ones I can find are in the i386 repository.
>  Does this mean Xen isn't available for x86_64?

Are you talking about the software repository from Fedora itself which
is maintained by the Fedora people?  Then you should probably ask the
maintainer of this repository, this is the list for the upstream.

If on the download site on xensource.com you see no 64 bit packages,
then upstream doesn't provide these. So The Fedora maintainers would
need to build 64 bit packages themselves from source if they want to
provide them to fedora users.
This would be, of course, more efficient than all fedora users building
the 64 bit packages themselves from source, but if the Maintainers have
other more important things to do, you can do nothing but build from
source or see how you can help them.

> Or should I try installing the i386 ones?

AFAIK they should run on 64 bit machines, but never tried this. There
are some threads about that in this list, I think

Henning