[Xen-users] Converting a standalone system into a Xen guest?

  I've got a couple of old, but working, SuSE 7 machines which
 I'd like to transfer to Xen guests.

  What would be the best way of going about this?

  The most obvious approach I can think of is to create a large
 disk file and do the eqivilent of:

    dd if=/dev/hda of=- | netcat | dd if=- of=/home/xen/host.img

  Is that liable to work?  Or would I be better doing something
 else?  (Like making a filesystem in a file, or LVM partition, then
 using rsync to sync?  The problem I see here is that I'd have to
 exclude /dev, and the new guest would be missing entries there).

  I realise that once I've done the initial syncs, however that is
 done, I will need to make sure I have the xen kernel rather than
 whatever kernel I currently have upon the systems.  But otherwise
 I'm assuming a literal copy of some kind will work correctly.

--
Steve