Re: [Xen-users] Xen FC4 Dom0 stability under x86_64 architecture

Hi Lyle,

  I was stuck there for awhile too...but the solution was incredibly easy.
Referencing the Xen user manual at
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/Research/SRG/netos/xen/readmes-2.0/user/user.html
Section 5.3:

"You should now see that you have a /dev/vg/myvmdisk1 Make a filesystem, mount
it and populate it, e.g.:

# mkfs -t ext3 /dev/vg/myvmdisk1
# mount /dev/vg/myvmdisk1 /mnt
# cp -ax / /mnt
# umount /mnt"

5.3 is talking about lvm's, but I'm sure you can do it with any partition, as
long as you wire it up properly afterwards.

But yeah - all you need to do is a complete copy of an existing linux install
into an empty partition. :p Since Xen handles the booting, it's just a root
partition with everything on it that's needed. So as long as you get
everything(/boot in particular if it's another partition), you'll be fine.

I haven't had any problems with shutdowns myself...I had problems getting
networking working - had to disable acpi...but that was it.

Hope that helps, and look forward to hearing that your system crashes every
couple days. ;)

Koby