Re: [Xen-users] AMD processors with Pacifica and Xen

I've read articles (which of course I can't locate now) which said SVM will be available only on the new AMD socket M platform. You might want to verify this before committing to socket-940 technology.

Cheers,
Dan.

1) Are Pacifica AMD's going to be sold soon and will they fit on this board? The announcements about Pacifica-containing CPU's talk about 940-pin socketed CPU's.

2) Is AMD a good choice for a box with a number of server-like guests running on it or should I buy for example Intel Xeon (32 bit or 64 bit)?

3) How realistic is it to expect a Windows guest (say, XP pro) running on a Linux Xen dom0 by Q3 of this year, provided that I buy the right hardware?

I realize that these are difficult questions and maybe not entirely on-topic here. But I'm facing them right now and this is a place where smart guys hang out, isn't it?

Thanks a lot,

Bas.