[Xen-users] Intel/VT success :-)

Hi,

finaly I had success getting running VMX-guest on Intel/HT.

Thanks to everybody who helped me and answered my questions!

One thing was getting SLES 10.0 Beta3 with working XEN-support, then using only the i386 without PAE (PAE is not yet supported in XEN 3.0, and the x86-64-Version of SLES is not yet there) and finaly the understanding that you have to free memory of the xen0-domain before starting the VMX-xenU-domains - the paravirt. Linux-xenU-domains seems to take there memory from the xen0-domain by themselves and it was working like that.

Beside the the stability not is perfectly and the sometimes the Linux-xenU-domains are hanging while booting I still have some problems:

If I connect via VNC to a W2k3-guest everything is working, but the mouse-cursor in the guest is always far away from the cursor in the host and the reaction-time is very bad. I tried this with VNC-viewers for Linux, OS/2 and even Windows, but always the same result!

With every boot I get the "TLS-warnig", but in the installation there is no /lib/tls-directory. How can I avoid this warnig and are there still some performance-problems?

I'm not able to migrate domains using the "xm migrate", I can save and restore domains even if I restore the on a different host, but mirgrate doesn't work.

Any ideas? Thanks a lot for your help!
--

Chau y hasta luego,

Thorolf