RE: [Xen-users] Is there a limit on the number of guest domains ?

  • To: "Ian Brown" <ianbrn@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Puthiyaparambil, Aravindh" <aravindh.puthiyaparambil@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 11:33:47 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 16:46:26 +0000

We did a few scalability tests on x86_64 Xen and found that the upper
limit on DomUs is 87. This is of course on a system that has enough
system memory to support that many DomUs as Xen does not over-commit
memory. In our tests each DomU had 64MB of RAM.

Aravindh
Unisys, Tredyffrin PA