Re: [Xen-users] Re: second bridge for dual homed machine!

I made a script that called the original script
-----------
#/etc/xen/scripts/makebridge

for i in 0 1; do
  /etc/xen/scripts/network $1 antispoof=no bridge=xen-br$i netdev=eth$1
done
-------------

This properly starts and stops the network bridge with xend. Just change the pointer in /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp to point to the new makebridge script instead of network.

-Kris Hollingsworth

John S Little wrote:
Good Morning!

What I did was copy the network-bridge script to network-custom (you can name it anything) and change vifnum=${vifnum:-0} to vifnum=${vifnum:-1} in the second script. Then for the last line in the network-bridge script I put in the path to the second script: /etc/xen/scripts/network-custom start so that it calls the second script when the first finishes. Make sure your new script is executable. Like the previous writer mentioned the developers expect these scripts to be customized. If there is an 'official' way to do it I haven't seen it. Note that if you do ./network-bridge stop that it will *not* stop xenbr1. You will need to do that manually just as you did xenbr0. (I'll eventually get something written for that).

Regards,

John

Hi!

I don't know anything about the "official" way, but I adjusted /etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge. If you take at a look at the source you

can easily find out where the first bridge is started and where it is stopped. Just duplicate the commands for your custom bridge.

This is quiet a hack! But I don't know a neater solution. And I think I read that the scripts are intended for customization.

Cheers!

Sven Sternberger wrote:
Hello!

I set up a second bridge for a second nic. i made that
manually with
brctl addbr br1
ifconfig br1 up

is there an "official" way how to configure such a second bridge
in '/etc/xen/*'