Re: AW: [Xen-users] Exporting Dom0 disks to DomU as SCSI disks doesnot work

This is my 2.6.11-1.1360FC$4xenU as different from yours and it boots
when physical devices are exported as SCSI, I am not a SCSI expert so
wont be able to tell you why , try this and mail the result...I have
also attached the file

May be other people on the list can tell ???
#
# SCSI device support
#
CONFIG_SCSI=m
CONFIG_SCSI_PROC_FS=y

#
# SCSI support type (disk, tape, CD-ROM)
#
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_SD=m
CONFIG_CHR_DEV_ST=m
CONFIG_CHR_DEV_OSST=m
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_SR=m
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_SR_VENDOR=y
CONFIG_CHR_DEV_SG=m

#
# Some SCSI devices (e.g. CD jukebox) support multiple LUNs
#
CONFIG_SCSI_MULTI_LUN=y
CONFIG_SCSI_CONSTANTS=y
CONFIG_SCSI_LOGGING=y

#
# SCSI Transport Attributes
#
CONFIG_SCSI_SPI_ATTRS=m
CONFIG_SCSI_FC_ATTRS=m
CONFIG_SCSI_ISCSI_ATTRS=m

#
# SCSI low-level drivers
#
CONFIG_SCSI_SATA=y
# CONFIG_SCSI_DEBUG is not set

On Mon, 2006-02-13 at 11:49 +0100, Christian Hertel wrote:
> > > Registering block device major 8
> > > register_blkdev: cannot get major 8 for sd
> > > xen_blk: can't get major 8 with name sd Registering block
> > device major
> > > 8
> > > register_blkdev: cannot get major 8 for sd
> > > xen_blk: can't get major 8 with name sd
> >
> > Vs
> >
> > NET: Registered protocol family 2
> > Registering block device major 3
> >
> > I feel its a compliation issue of DomU  ,attach .config for
> > DomU , ill be able to tell which one is missing in SCSI,my
> > DomU  boots with SCSI and IDE equally well...lets see
>
> Ok, I attached it to this mail.
> Meanwhile, I'll try to make mrproper and recompile it, perhaps there
> really was a compilation issue last time.
>
> Thank you for your help!
>
> Christian

notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Further, you are
not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to any other
person and any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses.
Infosys has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is not
liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail.
You should carry out your own virus checks before opening the e-mail or
attachment. Infosys reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all
messages sent to or from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this
e-mail address may be stored on the Infosys e-mail system.