[Xen-users] TX Checksum

Hello,

In xen 3.0.1 kernel 2.6.12.6, I can do the following in a DomU:

# ethtool -K eth0 tx off

http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenFaq says this will fix TCP and UDP
checksum errors, as well as other networking problems as many posts have
claimed.  I do this because it somehow makes bridging work properly when
I'm using a bonding interface on the bridge.

Question 1: Why can I not do this in a DomU in xen 2.0.7, kernel 2.6.11.12?

# ethtool -K eth0 tx off
Cannot set device tx csum settings: Operation not supported

I seem to have similar problems in Xen 2, and that is why I am asking.
For example, I will get network hangs in my domU's under certain high
load conditions.

Question 2: Since I cannot seem to the tx checksumming value, what is
the default for tx checksumming in xen 2.0.7?  If it's "ON", how would I
turn it "OFF"?

(So why do I not just use Xen 3?  Well, I'm not ready to put Xen 3.0
into production.  The occasional "zombie domains" I'm seeing in a
testing environment do not inspire confidence.  Zombies also make the
test system hang when rebooting, because "xm shutdown --all --wait
--halt" will hang.)

Thank you,
James