[xen-users] Remote X11 w/o NX or VNC?

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Uros Trebec" <uros.trebec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 20:12:24 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 19:12:56 +0000

Hi,

I know this topic was discused a million times on this and other
mailing lists, but maybe I'm missing something...

I'm sort of new with running Xen and I've successfuly installed it on
Debian amd64 etch as dom0. I'm running a few testing domU (debian and
slackware atm). Currently there is no X.org installed.

I was wondering if there is any way to use Xorg (with say GDB) to do
remote X sessions on domU's? I really do not need any graphics on dom0
but could really use some on domU's.

If this is not possible...
does anyone know if NX can be used with video/movies stuff running on
domU's? I would like to use Cinelerra on at least one domU and if any
of this does not work would be a big showstopper. I know for a fact
that using VNC video cannot be seen on the client (at least the things
I've tried).

Best regards,
Uros