Re: [Xen-users] External modem in domU

Ryan <hap9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 03/01/2006 09:41:56 AM:

> On Wed, 2006-02-22 at 08:52 -0500, John S Little wrote:
> > Ryan,
> >
> > Just to make sure I do this right.  I have two paths that show the
> > iopif.py file.  Should I apply the patch in both places or just the
> > tools/python/xen/xend/server/iopif.py and recompile the kernel?
> >
> > The paths that I show are:
> > /root/xen-3.0.1/tools/python/build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.
> 3/xen/xend/server/iopif.py
> > /root/xen-3.0.1/tools/python/xen/xend/server/iopif.py
> >
> > Or do I put it in the patches/folder and recompile?
> >
> > BTW serial ports are enabled in the kernel as a module.  They  are
also
> > enabled in Xen via XEN_PHYSDEV_ACCESS which is automatic when  [*]
> > Privileged Guest (domain 0) is selected.  (At least that's the way I
> > understand it).  Serial port irq sharing is not enabled.  Do I need to

> > enable that?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > John
> >

> John,
>
> Just wanted to follow up with you... Did you ever get it working? I'm
> curious to know.
>
> Ryan

Hi Ryan,

Sorry for the delay.  I was pulled off on another project.  I finally got
back to this last night and finished this morning.  In a nutshell it works
perfectly!  I installed the patch per your instructions, installed hylafax
and all works like a charm.  Thank you very much for your hard work and
the patch!

BTW I went ahead and cc'd the list.  If there is anything else I can do to
help you test please let me know.

Regards,

John Little
Hendricks Regional Health IS Department