[Xen-users] newbie: suse 10.1b6 domU network problem

Hi list,

playing with SuSE 10.1 beta 6 on a x86_64 system reveals no creation of
a vif0.0 during the boot process. After the start of xend I only see the
bridge xenbr0 along with eth0 (and apart from eth1 and eth2 which are
not in use at all). Networking of Dom0 is fine.

Starting a domU produces a vifX.0 successfully, but with/out touching
the scripts in /etc/xen/ I can't make the domU to ping anything except
itself.

Here is what I have after fresh Dom0 boot:

  lvs01:~ # brctl show xenbr0
  xenbr0          8000.000000000000       no

And this after starting DomU:

  lvs01:~ # brctl show xenbr0
  xenbr0          8000.feffffffffff       no              vif1.0

Since I am new to xen I assume I miss something crucial here. Or beta6
has a bug? Any hint for enlightment is welcome.

Thanks,

--

 Stephan A. Rickauer

 Institut für Neuroinformatik          Tel: +41 44 635 30 50
 Universität / ETH Zürich              Sek: +41 44 635 30 52
 Winterthurerstrasse 190               Fax: +41 44 635 30 53
 CH-8057 Zürich                        Web:  www.ini.ethz.ch

 RSA public key: https://www.ini.ethz.ch/~stephan/pubkey.asc

 There is no spoon.