Re: [Xen-users] Xen & CentOS 4

I got Xen 3.0.1 running under CentOS 4.2 dom0 OS (on a 4 cpu Dell
PowerEdge 3650/450 no less), using the tar.gz distribution from
xensource.  Their redhat 4.1 RPM distribution had dependancy issues.

I did have to manually create the "initrd.img" file:

        depmod 2.6.12.6-xen
        mkinitrd -o /boot/initrd-2.6.12.6-xen.img 2.6.12.6-xen

And I had to manually add the appropriate entry to /boot/grub/grub.conf.

        title Xen 3.0/CentOS 4.2
         root (hd0,1)
         kernel /xen-3.0.1.gz dom0_mem=1048576
         module /vmlinuz-2.6.12.6-xen root=/dev/hda3 ro console=tty0
         module /initrd-2.6.12.6-xen.img

That's all!  Oh, with xen 3 and CentOS 4.2, software mirrored
filesystems aren't working for some reason (been discussed elsewhere on
this list).  I have a raid1 filesystem working fine under xen 3.0.1 and
ubuntu 5.10 with the exact same kernel, so I'm not sure why it doesn't
work under CentOS 4.

Patrick Wolfe  (pwolfe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)