Re: [Xen-users] [poll] Distros

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Geert Hendrickx <ghen@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 16:08:09 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 15:09:29 +0000

On Fri, Mar 17, 2006 at 03:15:07PM -0300, Eduardo Costa Lisboa wrote:
> Hi, Guys. I was just wondering which distros do you use on your dom0s and why?
>
> I think it would be interesting to discuss about this; the pros and
> cons of using distro X or Y as a dom0; what do you guys think?

NetBSD is very nice.  It's also very convenient to install as a domU, since
you can just boot a NetBSD/xen installer kernel and do a regular install
under Xen (you don't have to generate a partition image manually).  Also
you can dedicate it just one block device and sub-partition that, which is,
AFAIK, not possible with Linux (you have to give Linux three block devices
if you want three partitions).

        Geert