Re: [Xen-users] Xen on multiple public IP's

On Mon, Mar 20, 2006 at 01:52:15PM -0500, mrkris@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> >> http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/360

  OK that was mine and it works for me...

> I am using Steve from steve.org.uk's xen scripts to generate the doms. I
> do assign them a public ip with the appropriate ip, netmask and gateway.
> Every IP on the system is sequential. x.x.x.230 is the system. If I read
> the docs correctly, then x.x.x.231 would be the bridge ip, then x.x.x.232+
> would be assigned to each dom, then each dom would have their gateway set
> as x.x.x.231.

  What does ifconfig on the host show?

> In the xend-config script I am going to want to use:
>
> (network-script network-bridge)
> (vif-bridge xenbr0)
> (vif-script vif-bridge)

  I think I'd suggest using :

(network-script network-route)
(vif-script     vif-route)

  Since the IPs are public they'll be added to your bridge and should
 be generally accessible.

  One gotcha that I missed was needing to have the public IPs listed
 in the Xen configuration files for the images, something I did
 mention briefly at the foot of the tutorial.

Steve
--
http://www.steve.org.uk/