RE: [Xen-users] Few Questions / Application of Xen

And setting 256M of RAM per virtual machine just to be sure, would be a total waste of memory....

You need to give every domU a certain amount of memory on startup.
As far as I know, you cannot change this later.

You can use the balloon driver - xm mem-set (or something like that)

It allows you to grow / shrink domains on request. If you want to grow beyond the initial allocation, I think you still need to pass an extra argument to the guest kernel at boot time telling it how large it might grow (otherwise it doesn't make its memory management structures big enough), but that's it.

Cheers,
mark

So you NEED to give every domain as much memory as it will ever need.

Regrads,
 Steffen